Korthi is the center of Andros’ three former municipalities. It is a strikingly beautiful village overlooking a wide sandy shore with a small port to shelter boats, caiques and yachts.
Its stone-paved main shopping street is lined with restaurants, taverns, pastry shops and clubs, and the same is true on the sea front.
From 1813 onwards, the St. Trinity church in Korthi housed perhaps the only pre-revolutionary school on the island. The school was founded by Samuel Plasimis. Adjacent to it stands the teacher’s house, which had a well-stocked library.
The Korthi based nautical club offers swimming lessons free of charge. Windsurfing lessons are also available at the sailing school.
Map of Bay of Korthi, Andros